Friday, February 15, 2013


 Diagnostic Analysis Paper: Goal and Purpose

Several students have asked for further explanations on the purpose of this assignment. Good questions to ask. I am happy to answer them :)  Here is my basic answer:

The purpose of this essay is twofold: 1) To illustrate that you can apply the theories used in class by creating a basic 2-3 page essay complete with introduction, body, conclusion and coherent paragraphs; and 2) To demonstrate that you comprehend the concepts (PIE, thesis, coherence, academic style, etc.) learned in class by defining them, analyzing them, and describing how they can be applied to your revisions on the diagnostic exam. 

I'm looking forward to reading your papers. I will be checking my email periodically throughout the weekend if students have any questions. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  :)

Thanks again everyone for your hard work!

-Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment