Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 38: Abstracts II

Lesson Objectives:
  • Revisit Basics to Abstracts
  • Confirm Individual Conference Schedule/Task
  • Workshop

Part I: Conference/Final Paper Checklist  (10 min)
In order to make sure there is no confusion with conference time/purpose, I will quickly go over this CONFERENCE QUIZ/CHECKLIST and rubric to final paper.

Part II: Abstracts Revisited  (20 min)
Click on the ABSTRACT PPT and the  ABSTRACT WORKSHEET to revisit some of the main concepts that we discussed in the last class and look to some sample outlines.

STUDENT PROVIDED ABSTRACT SAMPLES--Google Doc


Part III: Workshop (20 min)
For the last part of class, I would like you to continue working on your drafts. Make sure that you are using correct formatting and citations styles. I will be circulating to provide assistance.

Part IV: Locking Conference Times (5 min) 
CONFERENCE SCHEDULES


Homework: Draft needs to be uploaded to dropbox unit 4 folder titled, Final Paper Draft 36 hours prior to individual conference time.  Come prepared to the the conference with the conference checklist filled out and at hand. My office is located on the second floor of FLB room 2021

Supplemental Materials:
Sample Health/Technology Abstract
Sample Biological Sciences Abstract
Sample Musicology Abstract

Key to Abstract Wrksht


No comments:

Post a Comment